You want to change your email on your Apple ID on your iPhone. The problem is, your iCloud is still showing your old email address and now your account has been disabled! You’re getting more and more frustrated because it’s having you reset your password, only to then make you login. So you go back to your iPhone settings only to have it tell you to reset your password again! Let me walk you through it step by step.
- After changing your Apple ID with your new email, go to “Settings” on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and click on “iCloud”.
- Scroll down and click on “Find My phone”. You will need to turn it off before you can do anything. So turn it off.
- Go back out to the “iCloud” settings. At the bottom, click “Sign Out”. It will ask you if you’re sure if you want to continue, click “Delete from My iPhone”
- Make sure when it asks to save your contacts and everything on your phone, you click yes. Do not choose to remove it.
- Once you are signed out, you’ll want to sign back in using your new Apple ID and password.
- Back out of iCloud settings and go into “iTunes & App Store” settings. Click sign in or if your old information is still there, click “Apple ID” and put in your new information.
The key to the frustration with getting all of this changed, is making sure you turn “Find My iPhone” off first! Hopefully these instructions work for you!
By Rana Kory